Published Date: 2020-03-21
CAPT’s TA awaits Legislature’s return amid coronavirus pandemic
Contract may be stalled due to pandemic
As many of you know, our Tentative Agreement with the State of California must be ratified by the Legislature and governor before its provisions can go into effect. Our TA was assigned a bill number shortly before the coronavirus pandemic emerged in California. Since then, Governor Newsom has proclaimed a State of Emergency, and the Legislature has suspended its session until April 13.
Senate Bill 119, the legislation containing CAPT’s tentative agreement and contract language, is currently in the Assembly. The bill needs to be approved by the Assembly and head back to the Senate for concurrence before it can reach the governor’s desk for final approval. CAPT is hopeful that once the Legislature returns, it will act swiftly on our contract as it addresses many other pressing issues surrounding COVID-19.
It may be that our contract is put on hold until this crisis is over. In that case, it will continue to be business as usual for the time being. In either event, CAPT will keep you informed of any contract developments as they occur.
If you have any questions, please contact your local chapter.
March 20, 2020 | Download Flier